Everything matters with your web site. Everything has an impact.
Little things matter and sometimes they matter a lot.
We’re doing some worth on Google avatars in search engine results and have been doing some testing.
Here’s a couple of articles that talk about what makes a good author avatar.
- Part 1 shows us some examples, and talks to some ‘experts’ to see what they think about which photos would be more effective.
- Part 2 gives a large-scale survey result (1500 responses) as to which avatar would be clicked.
This is kind of interesting. Again, highlights importance of testing.
Guidelines for an Avatar
(Varies greatly depending on your industry & target demographic)
- Clear, high-quality image
- Consider what your audience might be expecting, and present yourself as thus (dress, background, facial expression, demeanor)
- Zoom level to show facial de
- Face towards the right (So that you’ll be looking in the direction of your results text)