We look at a lot of aspects when developing a web site.
Here are a few aspects we consider day to day when developing a site to be as effective as possible. Hope these tips help you.
Virtues Of A Minimalistic Home Page
- The virtues of a minimalistic homepage
- Serve as a squeeze page (no menu, links, distractions)
- Just a single clear action to be taken (usually a signup form)
This is why Twitter has shifted their messaging from “the easiest way to share with your friends’ to “Find out what’s happening, right now, with the people and organizations you care about”.
Bigger Images Means Better Conversions
- Big images increase conversion rates.
- Three case studies to convince you of this
- Images don’t always help. If image isn’t compelling to audience, making it bigger won’t help
The Need For Responsive Design
- If users have to zoom in and out, and move back and forth, they’re going to find another website
- Recent study says 61% respondents would ‘quickly move on’ if they struggled to find what they were looking for
Scrolling & Attention
- From March 2010
- Web users spend 80% of their time looking at information above the fold
- Although users do scroll, they allocate only 20% of attention below the fold