An important (super important) consideration when you develop your web site is what’s driving the development?
- Do you want the site to look pretty?
- Do you want it to make sales?
- Have you got a goal of getting 10,000 newsletter subscribers within the first 2 months of operation?
- What’s your marketing plan for the site?
- Is your product or service something your target market will search for on Google?
Understanding that the site goals are what drives the development of your web site is one major key to developing a successful site.
The Simple Example
The simplest example I can give of this is this:
If one of the goals of your web site is to get 10,000 e-newsletter subscribers within 2 months then you’ll need your e-newsletter subscription on the home page of the web site, along with a range of incentives to join up the newsletter.
That is, of course, going to affect the development of the site.
If you’re developing your site based on just the design, then you’re doing it the wrong way.