We’ve been testing some search engine optimisation strategies on a single web page on a site over the past 14 days.
- The page is on a site that has no relevance to what the page is about
- We’re targeting an pretty competitive keyword
The results so far have been interesting. Using some pretty basic strategies (that took about 2 hours to implement) we have achieved decent rankings in MSN (Top 20) and Google (Top 40).
The strategies employed:
1. Links from relevant sites to the page
2. Links using the words we’re targeting
3. Page is updated with a new paragraph each day
4. Site has basic on page factors (title, heading, sub headings, content, etc all carrying the targeted phrase)
What next? Well, I’ll continue with the linking campaign and we should see the site in the top 30 in Google in a couple for weeks and top 10 in MSN in the same time.
I’ll keep you updated.