Look, I don’t want to mention any names (it’s Mel) but someone here in the office now has reading glasses.
- Reading glasses are not something you need to get off your optometrist – which is where most people do buy them.
- You can buy reading glasses from a range of online places now – all you need is your prescription and any number of online stores will sell you a pair very cheap. I’m talking hundreds of $$$ in savings.
So the question is, for an online reading glasses store, what do you have to do to get customers?
- Get known/get in front of your target market – advertising, public relations, search engine optimisation.
- Have a relevant and unique point of difference that influences the buying decision.
- 3. Make an offer.
Like all marketing, that’s it.
Why Price Is A Bad Unique Selling Point
Price is many businesses unique selling point. But that’s a bad one. And it’s a bad unique selling point because someone will always come along and beat you on price.
For something like reading glasses you want a unique selling point that is relevant.
Seeing as though (what a pun!) your main competition will be optometrists, I’d think that incredibly fast service might be the best one to focus on.
- What’s different about you to your competitors?
- Is that difference important in the customer’s decision making process?
- Is it a difference that can be easily beaten by your competition? No….then that’s it then.