Tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 3.25 am my alarm clock will go off.
Mel will then drive us to another friends place and pick him, and his bike, up.
- We’ll drive 100 km up the road to Brisbane arriving at about 5.15 am.
- Mel will toss us out of the car and drive the 100 km home. She’ll be back in bed by 6 am.
- Us guys will go over to a registration table and pay someone $50. Money goes to a charity I’ve never heard of and have no connection with.
- We’ll then mount our bikes and ride down the same road we just drove up.
- Once we hit our destination 100 km away – we then have to ride another 25 kms home.
We I buy stuff I always like to think of the motivation behind me buying it.
The ride organisers have ‘sold’ me their event.
Let’s look again at what I get.
- A 3.25 am start
- A 100 km drive
- $10 in petrol
- Pay $50 entrance fee
- Ride with the guys I would have ridden 100 km with on Saturday morning anyway
- Have to ride an extra 25 km to get home from the ride finish
There is no answer here for me at the minute.
I’m wondering what the hell I’m doing.
- Maybe it has something to do with riding a road I normally wouldn’t ride?
- Or perhaps it’s about spending time with my brother and mate.
- My favourite theory is because we all want to be part of something bigger and get involved.
I’m wondering what the hell I’m doing writing this post at 10.24 pm on the Friday night.
I’ll be doing the above ride on 5 hours sleep.
I am some kind of idiot.