1. Survey your customers. Ask them how you should market. Find out what they think of your service or product.
2. Get a decent logo. Use it on everything you have. You’ll build brand recognition. And that’s good for business.
3. Advertise. I’m constantly amazed at the number of my clients who haven’t advertised regularly. Blow your own trumpet and let everyone know what you do.
4. Check out the competition. Educate yourself on what your competition is up to. Emphasis your strengths. Attack their weaknesses.
5. Move, move, move. Change, change, change. The quicker you can respond to market changes the better. I especially love advertising that is related to current events.