Most people, when they’re getting a web site completed, spend their budget on the web site development.
I don’t like that and I’ll tell you why.
I don’t like it because it doesn’t give you the best result. And the only thing you truly want from your web site is results.
What You Really, Really Want From Your Web Site
You want your web site to dominate.
By that. I mean you want your site to dominate when someone is searching for what you do or what you sell.
- You don’t want to be # 7 on Google for the main term you’re chasing.
- You want to be # 1 and 2. Maybe even own another site that is at # 3 and 4.
- You want to be # 1 in Google AdWords.
- You want to be # 1 on the Google Map.
- You want 100 reviews for your business on external sites (like Google Maps, Trip Advisor, etc).
- You have to have a site that has updated blogs, Twitter, Facebook accounts, video and more.
If you spend money on your web site you have to spend money to make sure it’s useful.
Get your site to dominate in the ways I mention above and it will be very, very useful.
Don’t let it just sit there as a wasted asset.