Everyone who has a web site wants it performing better.
Here are 5 things to do to get your web site working better:
1. Do a survey – use an online service like One Minute Poll.
Not only is the feedback extremely useful, but the fact your customers/visitors have done a survey means they’ll buy from you more often.
2. Send a regular newsletter – we use Mail Chimp a lot and it’s excellent for beginners (and free if you have less than 2,000 subscribers).
Make it interesting and use humour.
3. Optimise your web site so it shows up high in search engines when someone types in something about what you sell. For example, if you sell discount perfume then you’d want to rank high in Google for “discount perfume“.
That could bring a tasty 50,000 people looking to buy discount perfume to your door each month.
4. Take Pay Per Click Ads (like Google AdWords) – gives instant search engine exposure and attracts visitors.
5. Add regular content to your web site – add a blog, do some video, add an audio file.
Visitors want information – so gives them as much as they need.
Take these 5 steps and your web site will be a far greater asset than it is now.