The Queensland Government’s Business Basics Grants Program opens on Monday – and you could score yourself $5,000. Here’s what you need to know:
How much can you get?
A single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST).
What can you spend it on?
Funded activities include:
Website build or upgrades
- Website build or upgrade (including website refresh)
- Adding e-commerce
- Developing new website content
Strategic marketing services
- Strategic marketing plans including search engine optimisation advice
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an active ABN and be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year
How do you apply?
Easy. Complete an online application in SmartyGrants.
Your application must include the following documents:
- a certified statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business does not have a turnover exceeding $300,000 per annum (here’s who can witness the stat dec)
- meets all grant eligibility criteria
- a proposal detailing the activities you will purchase
- supplier quote detailing who will undertake the project work, description of services, and outline key activities.
How long have you got to spend the money?
You must complete their grant-funded activity within 4 months of receiving their approval letter.
Where do I get more info?
Eligible and interested?
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what marketing activities you might like to implement and we’ll provide a quote you can include with your proposal.
Advisors have indicated that the grants will go very quickly, so be quick.