Here’s my simple demo of the ease of use and abilities of ChatGPT.
The prompt I provided was:
“Design a 3 course menu with entree, main course and dessert using food commonly associated with Tasmania, Australia, that I can easily cook on a camping trip using just a gas cooktop.”
This is the menu I received 30 seconds later
Sure, here’s a 3 course menu featuring Tasmanian ingredients that can be cooked easily on a camping trip using just a gas cooktop:
Entree: Tasmanian Smoked Salmon and Dill Frittata
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of diced Tasmanian smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the eggs and milk in a bowl until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, smoked salmon, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on the gas cooktop over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until the edges start to set.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges of the frittata and allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- When the frittata is almost set, cover the skillet and cook until the top is firm.
- Serve with a side salad of mixed greens and a simple vinaigrette.
Main Course: Tasmanian Pepperberry Beef Stir Fry
- 1 pound of beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Tasmanian pepperberry
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a wok or large skillet on the gas cooktop over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sliced beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and onion and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Sprinkle the pepperberry over the top and stir-fry for another minute.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir-fry for another minute.
- Serve with a side of steamed rice or noodles.
Dessert: Tasmanian Apple and Berry Crumble
- 4 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of mixed berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat a camping oven or grill on the gas cooktop to 375°F.
- In a bowl, toss together the diced apples, mixed berries, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, rolled oats, flour, and softened butter until crumbly.
- Spread the fruit mixture evenly in a small baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I hope you enjoy this Tasmanian-inspired menu on your camping trip!
ChatGPT is incredibly useful across a whole range of industries.