Part of our web marketing at the moment is an ad with the headline “Web sites that actually work.”
We are targeting those many, many business owners with web sites that don’t do anything in terms of providing a benefit for the business.
I had the typical response yesterday from a guy with whom I was meeting regarding some work on his site. And it’s a response that I completely understand.
“I’ve already wasted $5,000 on this web site and it’s done nothing. Why would I spend another $3,000?”
Great question. Real frustrating, but great question.
We are experts at getting web sites to perform. Make no mistake about that.
- We own and manage 5 successful web sites.
- We’ve redeveloped web sites and seen them explode from about 800 visitors a year to 300,000 a year.
- One site went from $400 worth of sales in 18 months to $63,000 the very next month.
Whilst that all sounds terrific, the client’s never quite sure. So the only thing we can do is this:
1. Demonstrate our expertise (testimonials, references, etc)
2. Build trust through providing a consistent positive experience
3. Educate regarding our methods and anticipated results
In any business, yours or mine, we need to continually demonstrate to our customers our expertise. Being perceived as an expert builds trust. We do it by providing guarantees, educating our clients as much as they need and want and by backing up what we say and do with concrete proof of the outcomes.
How can you get your customers to trust you more?