A nice article on Facebook engagement here.
More detail in the link, but here’s the headlines:
- Photo posts get 39% more interaction
- Shorter posts get 23% more interaction
- Using emoticons increases comments by 33%
- Engagement rates on Thursday and Friday are 18% higher
- Question posts get 100% more comments (use Should? Would? Which? and Who?)
- 35% of Facebook Fans like a page so they can participate in contests
- 42% of Fans like a page to get a coupon or discount
Some common sense stuff at first: use images to boost engagement, keep it short enough to hold attention, ask questions to encourage audience responses.
I found #6 and #7 particularly interesting – wouldn’t have thought it would be so high.
#4 is interesting too (more engagement on Thursdays and Fridays – could build your Facebook posting calendar around that).