Over the years I’ve used literally hundreds of great marketing ideas.
These marketing ideas have been instrumental in helping me build my web design business to exactly where I want it.
How I learnt a lot of those marketing ideas is pretty simple……… I cheated!
Here’s what I would do:
1. I’d visit someone’s web site/business/receive a flyer/see a sign/whatever.
2. If I saw something that seemed to work/did work I’d file that away for consideration.
3. I’d incorporate elements of what I’d seen work well into our own efforts.
4. We’d measure, measure, measure and see if it worked.
5. If it worked, we’d do it again.
6. If it didn’t work we would discard it.
A Great Example
Benchmarking is a long used and very effective way to get better – no matter if it’s in business, sports (the Fosbury Flop is a brilliant example) or relationships.
On the side bar what caught my eye was that Derek – the owner – has a section:
Under this Derek has written:
“You have a choice in web design vendors, but we’re not afraid of comparison. Here’s a list of other Lynchburg web design firms you can investigate………….”
Sheppard Web are positioning themselves as a quality operation unafraid to be compared to their competitors – going to the extent of pointing out their competition.
Can you use that same sort of thinking in your business?