In Australia, Mother’s Day is a $1.4 billion business, compared to about $760 million for Father’s Day.
Whether you are a product-based or service-based business, there are opportunities for your brand to use Mother’s Day to increase your ‘sales’, but most importantly to create emotional connections with your customers.
You don’t have to be a florist or a café to make your business stand out on Mother’s Day. You can stand out in your industry by doing something that people may not expect.
Be remarkable, be different and be sincere.
- Whether it is a personalised gift to your clients
- An email to wish your clients a Happy Mother’s Day
- Chocolates on the pillow of your hotel guests
- Flowers for clients that you are meeting with
- Or even a donation on your client’s behalf to a charity…
Use your brand voice to make the right connection with your clients.
Ask yourself, what do we care about and how can we express that to our clients?
But in doing all of this, do not have any sales messaging or expectation that you will be getting anything in return.
It is an exercise in building your brand loyalty, advocacy and trust.
This my friends, is priceless.