I ventured into Surfers Paradise yesterday to take a look at some serious criterium bike racing around a tight 950m circuit.
I found out about the race from the guy who owns one of the best bike shops on the Gold Coast – Roger is the former Head Bike Mechanic of the Australian Triathlon team and owns Palm Beach Supercycle.
- Then another client, David who owns Hammer Nutrition, mentioned the race.
- Then another mate rang me up and asked if I was going.
- Then I received an e-newsletter from the race organisers.
- Then I heard an ad for the race on the radio.
- And saw a story about it in the newspaper.
Effective Marketing Via Different Channels
All effective marketing – because what the race organisers have done is get the message to the right people in a number of ways:
- web site
- radio advertising
- PR strategy
- encouraging word of mouth
Using multiple channels to spread your marketing message works because we all get our information from different sources.
Some marketing channels are better than others for some people – so by implementing a mix you’re maximising your chances.