We always check out how we are attracting business and this last week has been pretty typical.
I’ll take you through what has happened so you can see the many ways you can actually pick up business.
* Firstly, I played golf with a client and a friend of his. I got chatting to the friend about his business as we played.
(he beat me in Stableford – 37 to 36 points). We signed him up for web work today.
* On Wednesday I went to a businesspersons’ charity breakfast and met a few good contacts. 1 excellent lead there has already turned into business – we’re doing his PR.
* On Thursday our $60 newspaper advertisment paid off with a web site design client. Surprisingly, the client walked in, had a chat and we took a deposit on the spot.
* Also on Thursday, an existing client had us in for a meeting to review their marketing strategies. We have been contracted to do an overhaul of existing strategies.
* And last week we sent out 59 letters offering specific services (web site marketing) – total cost was $60. We attracted 2 new clients onto monthly contracts.
The point of all that – yes, there is a point! – is that you need to be implementing a varied and ongoing marketing plan to consistently bring clients to your door. Only then can you consistently grow your business.